What We Do
WEP resource centers provide young women scholarships, academic and career resources, a library, computer lab, and most importantly, supportive peers.
WEP operates four centers in three cities in southern India:
- Madurai, Tamil Nadu: 100 students
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh: 54 students
- Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh: 20 students
- Bangalore, Karnataka: 20 students
WEP SUPPORT CENTERS PROVIDE:
- Tutorials: academic support for success in the college classroom
- Scholarships: financial support to higher secondary (11th and 12th grade) and BA/BS programs of the students’ choice
- Libraries: newspapers, college textbooks, academic resources and English and local language novels
- Computer Labs: classes to learn up-to-date programs and internet access
- Study Space The library, computer lab, and study rooms are quiet areas to read, prepare assignments and prepare for exams.
- Field Trips and workshops: WEP’s I am a Leader program introduces students to knew information, community resources and career opportunities. Topics on health, environment, finance and civic issues of this carefully designed curriculum address the students’ domestic and community needs.
- Health and Nutrition Program: WEP’s nutrition program provides daily supplements (healthy snacks and beverages), kitchen garden trainings, and workshops. Read about kitchen garden here.